Saturday, October 16, 2010

Say

I didn’t say I love you


I said pass me the potatoes

I said I have to work late tonight

What I meant was I miss being alone with you

I didn’t say fuck you, go to hell

I said I’m on the toilet

I said where are the kids

I didn’t say let’s have sex

I also didn’t say you’re sexy

I didn’t say I burned my hand on the oven today and nobody was there to kiss it

I said it was about time you got home, supper’s on the table

I didn’t say we never talk any more

I said you’re ignorant

I didn’t say I think the rest of the world has it wrong

I said yes and no and mmhm

What I meant to say was teach me what you know

Let me learn.

Let me speak.

And every night when you go to bed

I don’t say I hope I am in your dreams

I don’t say I am pissed at you for screwing up my life

I don’t say what happened to us

I don’t say please forgive me for anything I’ve ever done wrong

I don’t say shape up or I’m kicking you out

I don’t say I am off my rocker, a total basketcase, crazy lunatic because you’re maddening

I don’t say I’m a better man because of you

I say good night

Sometimes, I say I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment